Reviewing constituent updates in RELO plug-in, I should have options
- If there are “no differences between the new constituent record and the auto-matched constituent record” it should not appear in the Constituent Information window to be reviewed - it a time waste
- If updating the address with a new address and copying existing to Former Address these three things should happen automatically
- Uncheck Send Mail? on Former Address
- Add current system date in Date To on Former Address
- Add current system date in Date From on Preferred Address
- I don’t like to bulk process without reviewing however there are some changes that I do not need to review and it’s a time waster for me to review. The plug-in should allow me to choose which fields I want to review (e.g. name or address change) and which fields I am okay with auto-updating (e.g. Send mail to this address, Requests no email, Luminate Username, Birthdate, Constituent Attributes) without needing to review.
- I should also be able to turn off some items. For example we do not have the Accept Mail check box visible on our donation forms and surveys because we have a variety of mailing options (e.g. supporters can choose solicitations, event invites, lottery info, stewardship, etc…) to be specific to people’s wishes. For example we have donors who do not want solicitations and choose when they want to give, but also love attending galas and pub nights and want invites. Because of the current system if the check box isn’t visible it automatically marks everyone as “No”, so I have to run a Global Change in RE after to re-check that box because we use our Solicit Codes for specific opt-outs and Constituent Attributes for Special Request opt-ins.
There is software out there that can allow options on what maps and what doesn't. Is it possible that Blackbaud developers will learn that organizations have complex communication plans that cannot be qualified with a single check box? Let us choose what should update and what should be reviewed, we know our donors you know the software, let's make it work effectively so we can spend time raising money and stewarding donors and less time fiddling with software.